Wednesday 5 August 2009

natural seedpodbag


natural seedpodbag
Originally uploaded by Marian Florcita
I have a new line of handbags " Semillas" or " Seeds" coming out.

This one, " Natural", is the first one. Inspired by the seed pods of Lilys and other flowers that grow in my own garden.


Natural:
This bag was handfelted using Russian, camel hair coloured, coarse wool for the base. Natural merino wool and merino handspun yarn were used for the seed/leaf designs on each of the 4 sides. All different. It is lined with off-white cotton canvas fabric and reinforced on each edge for extra sturdiness. The straps are made of the same materials.
I fit my cell phone, wallet, reading glasses, keys, coin pouch and little moleskine in it... with space to spare. You can see on the botton right corner pic how it looks when you hang it on your shoulder. That ussually gives a better idea of an item's size than plain measurements.

The "Semillas- Seed handbag. Natural" is listed in my Dawanda shop now. You can email me if you wish to purchase it without logging into any e-commerce platform or if you want to see more pictures. It is customizable, of course. You just have to contact me, following the contact button on the left hand menu!

thanks!

Marianaxx
www.florcita.eu

More colors and surface design in the days to come!

No comments: